Subscribe:

Monday, April 30, 2012

The Crucible: A True Story

I was searching for movies thru internet then this movie suddenly showed up. I read the synopsis and I got very interested cause I have read that this is a true to life story. Here comes the synopsis that I have read.

Kang In-ho (Gong Yoo) is the newly appointed art teacher at Benevolence Academy, a school for hearing-impaired children in the fictional city of Mujin, North Jeolla. He has a dark past - his wife was a high school student who committed suicide and his daughter is under the care of his mother. He is excited to teach his new students, yet the children are aloof and distant, trying to avoid running into him as much as possible. In-ho does not give up, however, trying to show the kids that he cares. When the children finally open up, In-ho faces the shocking and ugly truth about the school and what the students have been enduring in secret: the children are being physically and sexually abused by their teachers. When he decides to fight for the children’s rights and expose the crimes being committed at the school, In-ho teams up with human rights activist Seo Yoo-jin (Jung Yoo-mi). But he and Yoo-jin soon realize the school’s principal and teachers, and even the police, prosecutors and churches in the community are actually trying to cover up the truth. (wikipedia)

After watching the said movie, I felt sad. I was very sad for what happened to the deaf and mute children. Actually I asked myself if what do criminals like in this movie were thinking while they are doing this non-human act. I know that many criminals nowadays are spreading vigorously but why some of them were covered by our powerful government, community. I am not stereotyping, but why is it like this? Why do people find it difficult to open their eyes and be on the side of the victims who were abused not only physically and sexually but also emotionally and spiritually. I am against to those people who doesn't know how to be fair and how to be just. The said victims in this movie are not a normal person, they are hearing-impaired children that needs to be treated fairly and should be respected the way we want to be respected. I felt bad because of this because the crime was happened last 2005 and up until now, 2012,  they can't receive the right justice and infact the victims are the one who were being criticized. If I only have the power to punish the suspects, I will do my very best to make them suffer but what can I do, I am not residing there. I am not a citizen in Korea, all I can do is to write my reactions, suggestions, frustrations and comments here in my blog where I am hoping that if someone can read this, they will have the heart to respond those needy and can also make a move to stop the crime or just minimize it. All I can ask is just to have respect in every human and all things created by HIM. Is it difficult to give this "RESPECT" in every one of us?  Why committing crimes if later on you will condemned by HIM?? Are they not afraid of the "FINAL JUDGMENT"??? I know that this is not the first time a crime like this happened and this is not the only country who is experiencing it but I know that if we just open our eyes, ears and heart for all the people around us, this unfair justice will then be minimized.

LET US BE FAIR.
LET US HELP OTHERS TO RECEIVE JUSTICE.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
free counters